Your Contract

Frequently Asked Questions on Your Contract

On renting a storage unit you sign a straightforward Storage Licence agreement prior to ‘moving in’ to your space. Our staff will talk you through the contents of this simple agreement to make sure you understand the key points of what you’re committing to.

Two forms of ID are required one of which must be a photo ID (passport or driving licence) and a utility bill less than 3 months old. Payment of the first invoice must be made prior to moving in.

Can I move in today?
Yes you can. A team member will help you complete the rental agreement and you will need to show suitable proof of identity (a passport), proof of address (a recent utility bill), and a means of payment. You can then move in straight away.

What is the minimum time I can store with you?
Our minimum storage period is seven days.

Once I have a room how long can I stay?
You are welcome to stay for a week, month, year – or for as long as you need.

Do I have to give you notice to leave?
We only require seven days notice of your intention to vacate your space. At this time a refund will be processed for any unused monies that you have paid.
Notice must be given in writing, either by fax, post or email.

Do I need insurance?
Yes, your goods MUST be insured whilst in storage. The Storage Centre offers a tailored insurance according to your needs.

Are there any restrictions on what I can store?
Yes the following items cannot be stored:
•    Living items, such as animals and plants
•    Hazardous materials, such as flammable liquids and explosives
•    Items that could decompose, such as exposed foodstuffs
•    Unauthorised or illegal goods, such as drugs, firearms and explosives